top of page

Support for Aging in Windsor

The Council on Aging tracks a number of service that may be helpful to those aging in Windsor.

Home Modification Loans

​"Good Options for Independence" is a non-profit which operates a Home Modification Loan Program to assist homeowners in financing necessary adaptations to keep disabled or elderly family members in their homes and communities. Berkshire County residents should call the Pioneer Valley Planning Commission at 413-781-6045 and ask to speak with Shirley Stephens. You may also visit to learn more information, or watch a short video on the loan program.

Heating Fuel Assistance

The Berkshire Community Action Council, BCAC, oversees the federally funded fuel assistance program, running from November 1-April 30 each year. Detailed information to apply, including income guidelines (which are very generous) are available on the BCAC website.

​Call COA outreach 413-329-4364.

Food Assistance​

Call COA outreach 413-329-4364.

Related Services
Related Boards & Departments
bottom of page